Xitron Announces Navigator Version 9 Workflow Shipments
Latest Harlequin RIP core technology; Windows® 7 64-bit Support
Ann Arbor, Michigan – December 1, 2011 – Xitron, a leading developer of open prepress workflow systems, announces the shipment of Navigator version 9 RIP and Workflow based on Harlequin RIP core technology.
Navigator v9 provides:
- Support for both Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit operating systems
- Increased optimization for PDFs with tranparencies
- Extended PDF/X support
- Support for Pantone Plus Library
- Enhanced resolution support for the HXM hybrid screening option
- 64-bit Windows drivers for Xitron USB interfaces
- Simple out-of-the-box color accuracy for Gracol, SWOP and Fogra printing conditions with Epson and Canon proofers and graphic arts printers.
- Interfaces for hundreds of output devices including proofers, CtP systems, direct imaging presses, inkjet and production printers
“Xitron workflow users are able to takeadvantage of the enhanced capabilities offered with Navigator v9,” stated MarkEisenschenk, Xitron's President and Chief Executive Officer.” Support for the 64-bit Windows 7 operating system is one of the primary capabilities requested by our end-user customers.”
Xitron’s Navigator Workflow helps prepress operators increase productivity, manage workflow, and reduce costs. An intuitive interface allows operators to manage their work from a Windows or Macintosh workstation, while directing output production through one or more Harlequin RIPs.
Optional workflow modules allow the Navigator Workflow to create and preflight PDFs; perform ink remapping; and support ROOM proofing to any Xitron and most third-party proofing solution. The Navigator Workflow also offers ink key presetting capabilities with KeySetter, a series of pressroom workflow solutions to connect the prepress department and pressroom together.
Xitron is the only authorized source for RIP upgrades for GIT Graphics Pro (Graphics Integration Technology) Harlequin RIP, GIL (Graphics Integration Limited) Harlequin RIP, Xitron Navigator RIP, Xitron Navigator Workflow, Navigator Elite Workflow and the HighWater Torrent Harlequin RIP. Xitron is also authorized to provide RIP upgrades for the Heidelberg Harlequin RIP, Ultre Harlequin RIP, UltreRIP and many other Harlequin RIP and Harlequin RIP workflows. Certain restrictions apply.
For more information about upgrading to a Xitron Navigator RIP or workflow solution visit Xitron on the web at www.xitron.com/harlequinupgrade. Xitron offers prepress and pressroom workflow solutions through its network of OEMs, distributors, dealers, and system integrators worldwide.